Your first visit to Bruggeman Dentistry is an essential and valuable time for our dental team to get to know you, and vice versa! During this visit you will receive a comprehensive oral evaluation. Through this evaluation, we will learn about your health history and will begin to lay the groundwork for your personalized treatment through several steps, including:
- A review of your health and dental histories
- A new full mouth set of digital radiographs (X-rays)
- A question and answer session with your dentist, including a review of your smile goals
- An oral cancer screening
- A comprehensive oral evaluation, including an evaluation of existing restorations and identification of decay and other conditions that may need treatment
- Digital photographs if necessary
- A complete periodontal evaluation
- An explanation about what type of cleaning will be the best treatment for you.
This is an opportunity for you to learn about your unique dental health. Your dentist will review your goals and will give you recommendations about your unique treatment plan. You should feel comfortable with all aspects of your care at Bruggeman Dentistry, and this consultation time is your chance to ask any questions you may have. We do not do your cleaning at our new patient exam. We have many types of cleanings and because we have not seen you prior, we feel that we can’t diagnose what type of cleaning would be best until we do. We look forward to meeting you!